Pages

QUICK LINKS

I AM SORRY! SHOP IS CLOSED, BUT STILL VIEWABLE AS A CATALOG REFERENCE. ALL TERMS CONDITIONS AND COPYRIGHTS REMAIN and YOU MAY NOT SELL IN ANY FORM, PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM DOODLE PANTRY

Friday, February 13, 2015

QUICK Valentine ideas!

Are you still needing to make a few  quick Valentine's?  Here are some ideas for you!

Jen Young on the Doodle Pantry Creative Team used the Mustache SVG cuts, made them a bit on the large side, cut a simple pointed oval for "lips" to punch the hole in the middle so she could slide them up on a lollipop stick, and glued the mustache on top. WOW!  What a fun idea and really fast to make a bunch up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lola made these cute quick Valentines using the So Sweet Mice, Valentine Mice and Cherry Nice Mice. Just a printed card in a baggie of other goodies. Cute and real quick!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 Below, I made 40 of these for my kids to hand out at school....  I placed a digi paper in photoshop layer, then the monkey bottom on a second layer, the sentiment on a third layer, then the monkey head on the forth layer. I created it at about 2" square in Photoshop.  I then "save as" a PNG filetype.  I was able to fit 30 of these PNG, after I resized down to about 1-1/2, on a Word document sheet for printing.  I then punched them out and used a scallop punch to punch out coordinating cardstock pieces.
I sandwiched the front and back pieces around a 1x8 cellophane treat bag and used glue dots to hold together. VERY quick and easy to make all 40 of them. I think total time was about 1 hour for everything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next, I just yesterday remembered the bus driver and sunday school teachers needed something. I went and bought a few peppermint patties, the 2-1/2" single patties. I used the So Sweet Mice image. I followed a similar procedure for creating the mouse cutout, layering a circle over the patterned paper and then the mouse and sentiment over the top. Printed and diecut, then diecut matching scallop shapes and a coordinating size circle on a folded cardstock to make the "card base".  Stuck it right on top of the peppermint patty. Super quick and super cute.
 Then I packed it with a keychain in a clear bag and a bow, but even just handing them the patty is super cute. Or you could put 20 or so of these in a basket for people to "grab one", and that would be a totally adorable presentation at a party.

If you have any more Valentines to make up today, I hope these ideas help you out!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting us today and I hope you enjoy your day.
Be safe, be blessed, be inspired, and get crafty!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! All of these ideas are adorable! Makes me miss having kids at Valentine's!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

wow wow wow....these are all totally fabulous!!! Wonderful ideas that I will be storing in my file of goodies!